Located in the historic Ferrol Arsenal, known as "Presidio de San Campio", built in the second half of the eighteenth century, the building that houses the Museum is already an architectural jewel of Baroque-Neoclassical style, worthy of admiration in its own right. Located within the Navy's "Herrerías Centre" complex, access to the museum is from Cantón de Molíns. Among its resources, the Museum has more than 2,650 catalogued records, including sets and collections of historical, artistic and technical value related to the activity of the Navy, its intimate relationship with Ferrol, and the naval and maritime history of Spain.
Particularly noteworthy is its magnificent Anchors Exhibition, considered the finest in the world, which brings together more than a hundred different types of anchor from different periods; the collections of the wrecks of the galleon San Gerónimo (1597) and the frigate Magdalena (1810), as well as scale models of vessels, weapons, nautical instruments, uniforms and paintings, among others. The Museum organises guided tours and also has an extensive library with more than 20,000 catalogued works, and a modern multi-purpose room for temporary exhibitions and organises other acts of cultural interest.